Membership: Lorraine Jede
The membership chair is responsible for facilitating the work of the membership committee and ensuring timely, accurate communication with other PTA committees and officers. Membership chairs are often tasked with:
- Building the membership committee.
- Collecting and tracking membership dues.
- Distributing membership cards and encouraging online PTA profile sign-up.
- Providing membership reports.
Student Recognition: OPEN
- Develop, plan and execute recognition for student achievements through various means & programs, such as recognition ceremony, recognition awards, etc.
Teacher Appreciation: Bonnie Duncan
This position is currently being handled by a “team” of volunteers.
- Plans and organize events or items that effectively show the PTSA’s support of our teachers and staff members
Building & Grounds: OPEN
- Develop, plan and execute programs or improvements related to the facility or grounds of the school.
Support Our School:
- Work with businesses to bring in additional support and fundraising opportunities
- Communicate with parents & staff to implement programs such Box Tops, Grocery Store Links, Restaurant Spirit Night, etc.
Communications: Kristen Howrigon
- Creates weekly newsletter.
- Review & edit articles submitted by committee members.
- Maintain PTSA Website,Facebook Page and Twitter Account.
Cat’s Corner: Valerie McCullough
- Organize, develop and sell spirit wear items
- Organize volunteers for coverage in Student Store twice a week
- Organize and operate open house sells, including locks, headphones, agendas, etc.
Audit Committee: Chris Fillio, Chair
- 3 members responsible for monitoring the activities of the books throughout the year.
- Communicating with any outside source used for tax purposed, audits, etc.
- At least one member(elected by Nov. 1st by BOD) responsible for organizing activities and programs that improve relationships between the school & families
- Educating families & caregivers on important issues related to health & educational success
Nominating Committee: OPEN
- 3 members (2 from current board, 1 at large) responsible for identifying talented, motivated and responsible volunteers that would serve as PTA Officers
- Prior to the final General Meeting, prepare a slate of Officers and present them at the meeting for vote by the General Membership
- Organize and oversee the Reflections program within our school as well as represent our school on a local or state level when necessary.
- Effectively communicate the rules, responsibilities, etc of the program with students
Seats provided by WLMS Staff Members:
- Teacher Representatives
- Health & Safety Officer