It is time to honor our fabulous teachers and staff at WLMS for our annual Teacher Appreciation Week starting Monday, 7th. There are so many ways you can participate to show how much you value our wonderful teachers.
- Gift Cards: Every year we ask for donations of gift cards that we distribute during our catered luncheon so every staff member can go home with a token of our appreciation. We are asking for gift cards in $10 amounts only. If you would like to donate $20, then just purchase two $10 gift cards. Teachers love gift cards to restaurants, stores, movie theaters, craft stores and more! Use your imagination. Please place your gift cards in an envelope labeled “Teacher Appreciation Week” and have your student drop them in the secure PTSA mailbox that sits right outside the main office. Deadline for donations is Monday, May 7th.
- Snack Shack: We are also asking for donations to stock the teacher’s lounge with snacks for staff members to enjoy at their leisure. Please be on the lookout for a signup genius that will detail what we need.
- Volunteer Duty: Teachers love the gift of time! Last year volunteers took over for the teachers so they didn’t have to do carpool and bus duty in the morning and afternoon, and lunch duty during the day. This was a big hit! We will be sending a signup genius so you can volunteer for a time slot.
- Thank You Notes: Thank you notes are a great way for students to express how much teachers have impacted their lives. We are asking all WLMS students to write a note to at least one of their teachers to bring to school on Tuesday, May 8th. Don’t forget Specials Teachers too! We will be sending out a reminder about this as we get closer.
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast: The PTSA will be supplying teachers with breakfast on Wednesday, May 9th.
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon: The PTSA will be hosting a catered luncheon for staff on Thursday, May 10th.
Let’s work together to make sure the WLMS staff know how much they are appreciated!