Teacher Appreciation WEEKS have started at WLMS PTSA! We have given out donated items from Staples, hand written kudo notes (that a few of you sent in a couple months ago per the email request we sent), treated them with apples and Twinkies (National Twinkie Day was Monday). We also usually have a luncheon for everyone on their teacher work day that was originally scheduled for Friday, April 18th. Because that is now a full day, the luncheon was held last Friday. Many of you donated food items as well as gift cards. I cannot tell you how much the teachers and staff enjoyed the lunch and how excited they were to receive gift cards FROM YOU! They were truly touched by your generosity. Each teacher and staff member received a $10 gift card presented to them from those of you who donated. For those of you who donated $15 – $25 gift cards, those are being given out during a drawing next week! The teachers will be super excited.
For those of you that missed the opportunity to contribute during the luncheon and gift card donations (and those of you that just want to send more) we have asked around and these are some suggestions if you’d like to send in something next week.
- Monday ~ Supply Day #1: Teachers REALLY need supplies (many buy some of their own): Fun Post It notes (sm & med), dry erase markers in bright colors, dry erase cleaner, #2 wood pencils, highlighters, Clorox wipes, inexpensive headphones, ream of paper
- Tuesday ~ Sweet or Salty Day: Pistachios, almonds, cupcakes, cookies, apple, orange
- Wednesday ~ Supply Day #2: Teachers REALLY need supplies (many buy some of their own): Fun Post It notes (sm & med), dry erase markers in bright colors, dry erase cleaner, #2 wood pencils, highlighters, Clorox wipes, inexpensive headphones
- Thursday ~ Flower Day: Who doesn’t love a beautiful flower or potted plant?
- Friday ~ Note Day: This would be a great opportunity for you OR YOUR CHILD to write a short note to their teachers. They do so much during and after school to make sure our children receive a solid education.
- First and foremost, these are simply suggestions if you would like to send something. No pressure 😉
- All items can be handed in to the Home Room teacher and they can decide who needs what. We will pass along this information to them.
- If the “assigned day” is throwing you off base, send what you have when you have it!
- WE NEED TEACHER APPRECIATION REPS FROM T1, T2, AND T4 FOR NEXT YEAR (one from each track). It wouldn’t take much time at all AND you would get to know your next year’s teachers! BONUS! If interested, PLEASE send an email to Kim Avery.